Conduct some internet research into Elizabeth. Include the following:
- Who is Shekhar Kapur? Education, previous and current work. Filmic style.
- Critical success - reviews, awards, box office takings (Britain and overseas)
- Institutions - production companies, funding, distribution (who are they and where are they from?)
- Is it a 'British' film - consider subject matter, cast and crew (especially writer/ director /producer, locations (details)
- The sequel - details including cast, producers, locations. Why would working title green light 'The Golden Age'?
Type up in word - no cut and paste. Cite your sources. One page minimum.
Discuss the representations of Britain and Britishness in Elizabeth (Shekhar Kapur, 1998). Use specific examples from the text to illustrate your points.
Include an introduction, six to eight main paragraphs and a conclusion.